Job / Vacancy Application
Job Title: BUYER (Food / Beverage Production environment)
Sector: Beverage Production
Town / City: Stellenbosch
Basic salary range: R28 000 + 13th
Job Type: Perm
BUYER (Food / Beverage Production environment)
We require a procurement officer who will be responsible for managing and capturing all stock purchase orders accurately as well as liaising with suppliers on delivery dates and following up on timeous deliveries.
• Maintain supplier relationships in a professional manner, ensuring all costs agreed with suppliers, delivery dates, quantities and standards are adhered to and follow up calls are made to ensure correct supplies arrive on agreed delivery dates.
• Determine and ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for production needs by ordering materials timeously when required.
• Raise finished product, packaging material and consumable purchase orders accurately.
• Create purchase orders within 24 hours of scheduled productions, according to SAGE requirements and sends copies to suppliers, ensuring orders are updated with correct pricing.
• Monitor label and other quote sign offs, ensuring signed quotes are returned within 24 hours of receipt
• Maintain delivery dates to ensure stock is receipted two (2) days before production
• Check missing confirmation dates daily and populate all confirmation date changes onto the system within 48 hours of sending through a request for written confirmation
• Keep accurate filing records of all raised purchase orders and approved label quotes
• Update and maintain price list database and filing regularly
ANALYSIS & REPORTING
• Respond to customer / supplier enquiries in regards to order status, changes, or cancellations
• Prepare and distribute action log timeously
• Provide production team with regular feedback of order status
• Flag problems with timing of delivery dates within 2 weeks before production scheduling
• Monitor stock holding of dry goods at suppliers and maintain stock reports
• Investigate and monitor in-house inventory movements on system
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
• Participate in the drafting, completion and reviewing of QMS procedures for laboratory processes.
• Participate in requested quality assessments/audits undertaken by the company.
• Participate in the SANAS system and if required acts as an internal auditor and/or representative.
• Participate in technical research projects.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING
Assist in maintaining the Hygiene Management Procedures and ensure compliance to company and statutory safety policies and procedures, including housekeeping standards
• Grade 12 with a relevant Degree or Diploma essential
• Min. 5 years’ relevant exp. in a manufacturing/production environment (Food or beverage)
Submit a detailed copy of your CV in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to high volumes of applications ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.