Job / Vacancy Application
Job Title: Museum Attendant & Security
Location: Western Cape
Town / City: Stellenbosch
Basic salary range: Market related
Job Type: Perm
Museum Attendant & Security
We have an exciting opportunity for a Museum Attendant.
You will be responsible for providing a security presence and monitor the exhibition spaces in the gallery. Provide guidance and orientation for visitors; perform basic cleaning and maintenance around the museum.
The Museum Attendant will also assist with the cleaning, hanging, wrapping and packing the artworks at the museum and corporate spaces where necessary.
The job holder must be hardworking, reliable and dedicated. Able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and visitors. The job holder must be a people’s person, able to work with the public and assist the curatorial staff and must remain polite under all circumstances.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Security knowledge / qualification
- Min 3 years’ experience in a museum/gallery environment.
- Handyman / maintenance – advantageous
Duties will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Act as security in the gallery monitoring the visitors and artworks
- Cleaning the artworks in around the museum where necessary
- Assisting in handling the artworks for packing and moving
- Assisting with installation and de-installation for exhibitions
- Assisting with art movement and handling at the corporate spaces
- Assisting with security at museum events and willingness to work overtime
- Assisting curatorial staff with tasks related to the running of the museum and art foundations
- Assisting where necessary to facilitate art workshops
** All applications will close on Friday 14th December 2018 **
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted