Job / Vacancy Application
Job Title: Viticulturist
Sector: Wine Production
Location: Somerset West
Town / City: Somerset West
Basic salary range: R56 500 CTC
Job Type: Perm
Ensure that the vineyard performance is aligned with the wine business strategy. This position works in conjunction with appointed consultants and the Cellar Master to ensure that the vineyards are at optimal performance to provide quality grapes to achieve the business objectives.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY:
Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Enology, Viticulture / Higher Certificate in Agriculture or Diploma in Agriculture: Viticulture / Equivalent Qualification
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & COMPLETENCY:
• At least 6 years’ experience in a premium grape growing agricultural environment in the position of Viticulturist
• People management Skills
• Strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Ensure that the relevant Health & Safety procedures are maintained and enforced.
• Manage the vineyards to achieve the agreed strategic mandate.
• Manage and partner with the appointed consultants to ensure optimal vineyard performance.
• Manage the vineyard production team to ensure compliance with correct procedures and quality of work as it relates to pruning, tying, suckering, canopy manipulation, thinning, grape harvest etc.
• Direct the vineyard production team to ensure optimal labour, machinery utilization and cost effective farming practices.
• Management of the Leafroll Virus programs and ELISA tests.
• Vineyard budgeting and quarterly forecasting drafting and management.
• Administration functions namely the completion of payroll, orders, invoices, purchasing and general record keeping of vineyard activities.
FORWARD CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED